Saturday, October 22, 2011

Elam Courbray Part II

Took some time today to assemble Courbray.  Here is the progress:

As I was working on the model, I decided that I had to do something different with the left arm than I originally planned.  The left arm that came with the Chaplain model is very nice, but the shoulder pad is a bit bigger than the right shoulder pad, which was taken from the Emperor's Champion model.  Dry-fitting the parts to the body, I decided that it made the model look lop-sided.  So, I ended up digging out a box of Tactical Marines, and took a Sergeant's left bolt pistol arm, and a studded shoulder pad.  I am happy with the results.  I think I will be shaving a bit off the green stuff once it sets a bit more.  Until next time.....


  1. The head seems to be sitting a little too high. You might want to trim the neck down a bit.

  2. Hmm, you're right, but looking at it new light this morning, it's a two part problem. I do need to trim the neck more, but also the breastplate has a significant drop at the neckline, the previous head did sit very low. I will work some more on that today.